Thursday, March 10, 2011

Come eat potatoes and support tenant rights in Madison!

Come see me in the Iron Chef Cook-off to benefit the Tenant Resource Center.  It's happening 5-7 pm on March 25th at the Brink Lounge. A $25 donation benefits the Housing Crisis Fund.   I'm in the Potato Battle and going against last year's champions,  Michael and Corey Jacob. There are also battles with citrus, curry, and beans. Now, I'm not ultra competitive, but I really would like to vanquish my competition here. I'm going to play by the rules of Iron Chef here and make only my own recipes and use only proper potatoes. In my opinion, sweet potatoes would be cheating since they're in an entirely different botanical family than potatoes, so I'll stick only to varieties of "real potato" potatoes. Cooking won't happen on-site, so a challenge will be to make dishes that can survive minimal heating or prep work at the venue. I'll also have to think of ways to make some parts of the dishes ahead of time given the number of people expected and personal time constraints. I haven't decided exactly what I'm making, but I have ideas to start testing out next week. I'll put the best recipes up here after the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment