Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome!


Welcome to Three Variations, my attempt at creating an online cookbook of all my recipes plus any other food ideas and links I happen to think are interesting. I became a vegetarian in 1992 as a young teenager and have more or less stayed vegetarian ever since. (More being my year of eating mostly vegan food, less being my realization that I'll never cut gummy worms out of my diet forever.)

When I became vegetarian, my mother told me this was my choice but that I'd have to cook any additional food beyond the family dinner if I wanted special meals. So, I slowly started to teach myself how to cook. My mother has also heavily contributed towards my cooking knowledge over the years.  Safe presents for us can always be found at Orange Tree Imports in Madison, WI, a specialty cooking store that feels like a magic toyland of ravioli crimpers and Swiss knives. I've also picked up ideas over the years from cookbooks, food science books, and eating out a little too much for my budget around my home city or when traveling.

This blog is called "Three Variations" because I'd like to present at least three ideas for recipes based on each ingredient. This will hopefully challenge me if I don't yet have three recipes based on an ingredient and works the way I think a lot of us think at the grocery store: "Oooh! They have star fruit! I'd love to try star fruit! What the #!@%$ should I do with a star fruit?" This blog will hopefully answer this question eventually. Not immediately, because I'm not a huge fan of star fruit, but eventually. Thanks for checking in here.  Please subscribe or visit again- I'll try to have new content as fast as my friends will let me feed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment